Airports need ways to reduce their greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions. TRB is hosting a webinar on Thursday, May 21 from 2:00 to 3:30 PM Eastern that will present a roadmap that may help an airport establish key stakeholders and choose emissions reduction technologies. This roadmap may also help airports set goals, baselines, and targets, as well as identify funding opportunities. Presenters will walk through key insights for any airport interested in developing their own zero- or low emissions roadmap. They will share case studies and survey results from airports that are implementing GHG emissions reduction practices, as well as show how to get buy-in from senior management, make compelling business cases, and develop achievable emissions projections.
The webinar features research from ACRP Research Report 220: Guidebook for Developing a Zero- or Low Emissions Roadmap at Airports and ACRP Synthesis 100: Airport Greenhouse Gas Reduction Efforts.
This webinar is sponsored by the Airport Cooperative Research Program. There is no fee to attend this webinar; however, sign into MyTRB.org to view registration information.
Webinar agenda and presenters:
- Insights for developing a zero-emission roadmap: Geoff Morrison & Damon Fordham, Cadmus
- Survey results of airports currently planning for and implementing GHG reduction efforts: Stephen Barrett, Barrett Energy Resources Group, LLC
- Question and answer session: Moderated by Brendan Reed, San Diego County Regional Airport Authority
The first 60 minutes of the webinar will be for presentations and the final 30 minutes will be reserved for audience questions.
At the end of this webinar, you will able to:
- Describe how to create a compelling business case for zero emissions
- Describe now to develop an achievable emissions target
- Identify GHG reduction practices that are currently being implemented by airports
Continuing Education Units for Accredited Airport Executives
The American Association of Airport Executives (AAAE) will provide 1 Continuing Education Unit (CEU) to accredited airport executives who attend this webinar. Claim CEUs by visiting www.aaae.org/ceu. For questions about AAAE continuing education units, please contact email@example.com.
Registration is available until just before the webinar starts. Once the webinar starts, you will be unable to submit your registration. Individuals who are registered for a webinar but do not receive their confirmation emails due to their organization’s internal firewalls should contact the TRB Helpdesk for assistance in signing in.
Registration questions? Contact Reggie Gillum.