Rapid and accurate communication is vital to an airport’s ability to manage and recover from a disruptive event or situation. TRB is hosting a webinar on Monday, May 11 from 2:00 to 3:30 PM Eastern that will discuss how airport practitioners can develop and implement effective programs for delivering routine notifications, as well as those related to emergency situations. Presenters will address different communication strategies to improve airport passenger access and mobility, including those travelers with disabilities or other access or functional needs.
The webinar features research from ACRP Research Report 170: Guidebook for Preparing Public-Notification Programs at Airports and ACRP Synthesis 101: Communication Strategies for Airport Passenger Access and Mobility.
This webinar is sponsored by the Airport Cooperative Research Program. There is no fee to attend this webinar; however, sign into MyTRB.org to view registration information.
Webinar agenda and presenters:
- Public notification programs and how to assess the types of notifications available for deployment: Lorena DeRodriguez, SSI, Inc.
- Programs, tools, and services used by airports to maximize access and mobility of passengers with disabilities, aging passengers, and passengers with limited English proficiency: Shu Cole, Indiana University
- Case study presentation: Steve Mayers, Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport
- Question and answer session: Moderated by Steve Wareham, Landrum & Brown
The first 60 minutes of the webinar will be for presentations and the final 30 minutes will be reserved for audience questions.
At the end of this webinar, you will able to:
- List necessary resources for assessing, planning, developing, formalizing and implementing a public notification program
- Discuss how public notification programs can be customized for airports of different types, sizes and configurations
- Identify current practices of airports regarding their communication strategies with passengers with disabilities, aging passengers and passengers with limited English proficiency
Continuing Education Units for Accredited Airport Executives
The American Association of Airport Executives (AAAE) will provide 1 Continuing Education Unit (CEU) to accredited airport executives who attend this webinar. Claim CEUs by visiting www.aaae.org/ceu. For questions about AAAE continuing education units, please contact email@example.com.
Registration is available until just before the webinar starts. Once the webinar starts, you will be unable to submit your registration. Individuals who are registered for a webinar but do not receive their confirmation emails due to their organization’s internal firewalls should contact the TRB Helpdesk for assistance in signing in.
Registration questions? Contact Reggie Gillum.