AMAC is pleased to solicit nominations for its annual awards program that recognizes members who have made outstanding contributions to furthering the goals of AMAC. The deadline for nominations’ is Thursday May 1st 2014.
AMAC's annual awards program recognizes members who have made outstanding contributions to furthering the goals of AMAC. AMAC has established five categories of awards from the membership: Award of the Organization, Airport AEC Award, Airport Concessions Award, Advocate of the Year Award and Hall of Fame Award. The criteria for each award are stated on the Nomination Criteria link below.
- Award of the Organization:This award is given by the Board on behalf of AMAC to an airport, or a firm for significant contributions toward the realization of DBE or EEO goals on an airport (e.g. program implementation, new program initiatives to foster growth and development of DBEs or encourage employment, research, litigation, etc.)
- Airport AEC (Architectural, Engineering, Construction) Award: This award is given by the Board on behalf of AMAC to an airport that has met or exceeded DBE participation goals over two or more years in an architectural, engineering, or construction project.
- Airport Concessions Award: This award is given by the Board on behalf of AMAC to an airport whose concessions program has demonstrated a DBE goal that was met or exceeded over a period of not less than two years.
- Advocate of the year Award: This award recognizes an individual from industry who has been an outstanding spokesperson and advocate for small business. This award recognizes efforts and actions accomplished for aviation industry.
- Hall of Fame Award: This award is given by the Board on behalf of AMAC to an individual(s) or organization which has made long-term, historical and profound contributions toward the mission and goals of AMAC, as well as the growth and development of airport diversity (business and professional roles).
- President's Award: This award is recognizing a volunteer AMAC member for demonstrating leadership, service and dedication to executing the AMAC mission and strategic plan.
Submission of Nominations
Any AMAC member or organizational member in good standing may nominate an individual or an organization. Please use the form [2014 NOMINATIONS FORM] to submit your nomination or otherwise follow the format in preparing your nomination. Provide a concise statement as to why your nominee stands out and should be recognized.
Nominations should be sent by May 1, 2014 to email@example.com, or faxed to the attention of Aimee Rodriguez-Zepeda 703-414-2686.
The Awards Committee considers the nominations from the membership for the five awards categories and makes recommendations to the Board of Directors for selection of recipients.
The Awards Committee is also charged with evaluating the level of contribution and other support to AMAC made by business and corporate partners according to pre-established criteria. The Awards Committee presents their analysis to the Board of Directors who may award an AMAC Business Partner Award and/or AMAC Corporate Partner Award.
In addition, the Chair of AMAC gives the Award of the Chair to one or more individuals who have made an outstanding direct and personal contribution toward the success of AMAC.
Date and Place of Awards Program
The awards will be presented at the 2014 Airport Business Diversity Conference, Luncheon and Scholarship Program on June 10, 2014
Questions and Additional Information
Please click here to access the 2014 Award Nomination Form.